Last Updated: December 4, 2023
These Terms & Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of Pennsylvania. Any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms & Conditions, or your access or use of the Site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State and federal courts located in Pennsylvania.
Terms and Conditions of Use
MCC's trademarks, service marks, logos, and design elements displayed on the Website are owned by Philadelphia Global Identity Project (collectively, the “Trademarks”). The Trademarks may not be used except to provide attribution as specified above. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks, service marks, logos or design elements displayed on the Website without the express written permission of MCC or any third party that may own such marks displayed on the Website.
The Website and the content made available through this site are for educational and informational purposes only.
MCC makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the Website’s operation or the information, content or materials included on the Website; all of which are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, MCC hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. MCC will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from your use of or inability to use the Website. You expressly agree that you use the Website, or any materials or content from the Website, solely at your own risk. You also hereby agree to indemnify MCC, its employees, agents, and affiliates from any and all claims and/or damages (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to your use of the Website or any materials or content obtained from the Website.In no event will MCC be liable to you for any incidental, special, consequential, direct, indirect, or punitive damages, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), statute, or any other legal theory, whether or not MCC has been informed of the possibility of such damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or limitation of liability in certain circumstances. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
The site may contain copyrighted material owned by a third party, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Notwithstanding a copyright owner’s rights under the Copyright Act, Section 107 of the Copyright Act allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, for purposes such as education, criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. These so-called “fair uses” are permitted even if the use of the work would otherwise be infringing.
If you wish to use or submit copyrighted material published on this site for your own purposes that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. All copyrighted material submitted with explicit permission of the copyright owner will be credited accordingly. In some instances, copyrighted material may be linked back to the original source as posted. We recommend that you seek the advice of legal counsel if you have any questions on this point.
You agree not to:
- Use the Website for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
- Violate or encourage others to violate the rights of third parties, including intellectual property rights;
- Post, upload, or distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate;
- Interfere in any way with security-related features of the Website;
- Interfere with the operation or any user’s enjoyment of the Site, including by uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code, making unsolicited offers or advertisements to other users, or attempting to collect personal information about users or third parties without their consent;
- Access, monitor or copy any content or information of the Website using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without MCC’s express written permission;
- Perform any fraudulent activity, including impersonating any person or entity, claiming false affiliations, accessing the accounts of other users without permission, or falsifying your identity or any information about you, including age or date of birth; or
- Sell or otherwise transfer the access granted herein.
Notice to California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding the service or to receive further information regarding use of the service.
MCC is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to its Website. Your privacy concerns are important to MCC. This Statement is designed to inform you about our privacy principles and policy regarding collected data. The only information MCC obtains about individual visitors to its Website is that supplied voluntarily. Personally identifiable information provided by a visitor (name, email, or home address, etc.) will not be disclosed to anyone unless the visitor expressly permits MCC to do so.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices:
Personally Identifying Information
MCC does not require you to register or furnish any personal information as a condition of using our Website. We collect personally identifying information only if you voluntarily provide it to us.
MCC logs Internet protocol (IP) addresses to conduct system administration, report aggregate information, and conduct site analysis. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. All computer identification on the Internet is conducted with IP addresses, which allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with each other. If a visitor requests pages from MCC, MCC servers enter the visitor's IP address into a log. To maintain visitor anonymity, MCC does not associate IP addresses with records containing personal information. However, MCC will use IP addresses to identify any visitors who refuse to comply with MCC's in-house rules or terms of service, and to identify visitors who threaten our service, site, customers or others .
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect MCC from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; or to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant.
- We make certain information available to third parties to comply with various reporting obligations, and for business or marketing purposes. When possible, we provide this information in a de-identified way.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, and other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these third party service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may have access to or process your information.
- In the event MCC were to be engaged in or contemplating a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, MCC may transfer or assign the data, including Personal Information, that we have collected from users.
MCC’s Website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Personal information furnished to MCC is stored in a secured database; however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through MCC’s Website, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot control the actions of other users or other third parties with whom you may choose to share your information and therefore we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post through the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. Even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
We retain information as long as it is reasonably necessary and relevant for our operations, and/or to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, or enforce our Terms or other agreements.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not allow children under 13 years of age to use the Site, we do not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site are directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information has been collected through the Site from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has provided us with information, please alert us at [email protected] to request that we delete the information from our systems.
Visitors from Outside the United States
This Site is controlled and operated by MCC in the United States. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United States, you acknowledge that you will be transferring your information, including Personal Information, outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, as necessary to provide to you the products and services available through the Site. Where required, we comply with applicable legal frameworks relating to the collection, storage, use, and transfer of personal information.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our Services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how DNT should work on commercial websites. Due to lack of such standards, the Website does not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please use the contact us form on this Website to contact us.