On an October afternoon, Sam Durante went to the dentist for his routine dental cleaning. Leaving his appointment, he was elated to find out that he has never had a cavity throughout his 18 years of life.
Sam gathered up his savings, purchased toothbrushes, toothpaste, and created an instruction guide for brushing along with a song. With the help of his mom, Sam assembled 40 dental kits and donated them to MCC families. Sam explained, “it always feels good to do something for the community.”
This Donor Spotlight is one of true generosity and kindness, where a senior in high school wanted one thing for EHS children: dental hygiene to prevent future complications.
Letter From Sam
Sam Durante is a senior in high school and has not had a cavity yet! He is putting together this kit to help your child become a cavity-free kid too. Here are helpful things that you can do to keep your child’s teeth healthy during the challenges of COVID-19.
- Take your child to the dentist when the first tooth arrives or before the first birthday.
- Remember to make an appointment every six months.
- Clean an infant’s gums with a soft cloth before teeth emerge and never have your child fall asleep drinking a bottle.
- Once the first tooth arrives, brush your child’s teeth after breakfast and dinner.
- Your child can help, but brush your child’s teeth until they are 8 years.