You, Me, Kindness, and Equality!/ ¡Tú, yo, la amabilidad y la igualdad!
NOW AVAILABLE TO ORDER!*
By Nahjee Grant for our youngest readers ages 0-3, $12 with shipping included.
Maternity Care Coalition (MCC) has officially released our first-ever children’s book, You, Me, Kindness, and Equality! / ¡Tú, yo, la amabilidad y la igualdad! The board book, written in English and Spanish as a fluid poem, follows Lizzy and her Grandpa Joe through a day in Philadelphia. As the day goes on, they encounter new people and places, sparking Lizzy’s curiosity.
With a long history of serving children ages 0-3, MCC aims to promote literacy at the earliest stages of life, help parents build bonds with their children, and elevate cultural awareness. Since MCC’s work started, it’s been centered on the health and wellbeing of babies and their families and promoting and advocating for racial equity.
All proceeds from the sales of the book go directly towards MCC’s culturally responsive services. Along with books being made available to the public,MCC will distribute a copy to every client family for the next three years. This project has been made possible by generous donors and supporters, including PNC Grow Up Great.
*A limited number of copied are being sold. Available for order while supplies last.
Our Tips for Exploring Books!
- Let your child hold and explore the book.
- Let your child mouth the book as long as they are safe with an adult.
- Talk about how the characters in the book are feeling.
- Talk about what your child is looking at on the page.
- Snuggle up with your child and the book.
- Be silly and read the story in a fun voice.
- Use the pictures to make up a new story.
- Sing or act out the story.
- Try reading in new places like on the bus.
- Make connections between the story and real life.
- Go for a walk and help your child look for things they see in the book.