About Early Head Start (EHS):
EHS is a comprehensive child development program, offering FREE linguistically and culturally appropriate health, education, and social services to eligible families that include a pregnant woman and/or children, ages 0-3.
Child-centered services of the highest quality are provided in the family’s home or in a child care center setting. EHS’s family-driven philosophy empowers parents to support and nurture their children, while meeting other critical social and economic goals.
Our EHS services are provided at three sites – Norristown, Pottstown, and South Philadelphia.
What services does EHS provide?
- Educational and family support services while you are pregnant, and up through your baby’s third birthday during weekly home visits.
- Educational and family support services for families with children up to 3 years old, in our state licensed child care centers.
- Services to children with disabilities.
- Linking you and your baby to a health care provider.
- Linking you to resources for housing, education, or emergency supplies.
- Enabling your child to transfer to a quality pre-school environment when she/he turns three.
We also offer:
- Parent/Child Group Activities – where parents and children can learn through play, share experiences and get valuable information.
- Parent Engagement Activities – parents are involved in all aspects of EHS, including participating in a Parent Policy Council, helping to make vital decisions.
- Male Involvement Program Activities – for fathers, grandfathers, brothers, uncles, and other men involved in the lives of the children enrolled in our program.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for services if you are:
- pregnant and/or have children under 3
- have an income at or below the federal poverty guidelines
- live in one of the following zip codes:
South Philadelphia – 19145, 19146, 19147, and 19148
Montgomery County – 19401, 19403, 19405, 19406, 19407, 19408, 19428, 19462, 19464, and 19465
- Families who have children with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How can I get more information?
If you are interested in signing up for our EHS services, contact the site nearest to you:South Philadelphia 2000 Mifflin St.
Philadelphia, PA 19145 Phone: 215-551-6330
Email: SouthPhiladelphia@maternitycarecoalition.org Pottstown Early Head Start YWCA Tri-County Area
315 King St.
Pottstown, PA 19464 Phone: 610-819-6200
Email: Pottstown@maternitycarecoalition.org Norristown Early Head Start 401 DeKalb Street*
Norristown, PA 19401 Phone: 610-277-1505
What Would You Like To Do Next?Read how EHS has helped other families
Log into our Parent Portal (EHS enrolled parents only)
Try some EHS activities at home