The Voices of Families
Based on the needs of women and their families in the current environment, we bring the voices of constituents to policymakers at the local, state, and federal levels by:
- Monitoring the impact of policies on maternal & child health and on early education & care and translating those impacts into recommendations for improving policies.
- Educating communities about the impact of policies on low income families.
- Organizing to improve the lives of women and families with young children.
- Providing expert consultation and testimony about families’ experiences with pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum care.
- Developing specific projects to increase awareness about critical maternal and child health issues such as breastfeeding and perinatal depression.
Do you think maternal and child health issues are important?
Our policy initiatives build upon the “Childbirth at a Crossroads” report. Unfortunately, our region now has a childbirth crisis.
Please join us to help solve the crisis: